Mail Clerk/Driver Job
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, US
Title: Mail Clerk/Driver
Category: Corporate Functions / Administration
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: Mail Clerk/Driver
-*This is a contingent position**
The Mail Clerk follows clearly detailed procedures in performing simple repetitive tasks in the same sequence. Responsibilities would include filing pre-coded documents in a chronological file, or operating office equipment, (e.g., mimeograph, photocopy, addressograph or mailing machine). This position follows clearly detailed specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file; could involve simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts, operating basic office equipment, e.g., photocopier, facsimile, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk uses his or her own judgment in choosing the proper procedure for each task.
The Mail Clerk will also serve as a backup driver for the motorpool or other component as needed.
The Driver operates various types of Government-furnished motor vehicles, transport time-sensitive items to various locations within the Washington metropolitan area, or transfer supplies, furniture, equipment, etc.
-Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum 1 year of related experience
- Must have a valid State operator's permit for the type of vehicle being operated and a proven safe driving record as established by the National Driver Register or equivalent check
- Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment
- Ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records check
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust security clearance
- Must have good reading and communications skills and the ability to print clearly
- General knowledge of the USPS and proper handling of incoming and outgoing mail
- General familiarity with distribution schedules and routes
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Clerical, Mailroom, Delivery, Security Clearance, Driver, Administrative, Operations, Retail, Government