GENERAL CLERK / ADMIN Job
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, US
Title: GENERAL CLERK / ADMIN
Category: Corporate Functions / Administration
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: GENERAL CLERK / ADMIN
The General Clerk/Admin follows clearly detailed procedures in performing simple repetitive tasks in the same sequence. This position uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The Clerk/Admin selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.
The Clerk/Admin will assist in a variety of administrative matters. Typical job duties are dependent on specific requirements of component being supported but could include and are not limited to the following:
- Greets visitors and puts them in contact with the appropriate person.
- Answers telephones, forwards calls, and takes telephone messages.
- Opens, time stamps, and distributes incoming mail.
- Types memoranda, letters, reports, and other documents using the latest version of WordPerfect word processing software.
- Files various documents in file cabinets.
- Maintains recurring internal reports, such as time and leave records, office equipment listings, and training plans.
- Requisitions (orders) supplies, printing, maintenance, or other services.
- Operates various types ofoffice equipment such as fax, Xerox, printer, etc.
- Maintains a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically)
- Compiles information for and verifies statistical reports for accuracy and completeness
- Operates a wide assortment of printing and binding equipment, including high speed xerographic duplicators, stitchers, multi head drills, and Seybold paper cutters, etc.
The Clerk/Admin may also direct lower level clerks.
- Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Moderate Risk Public Trust security clearance
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Ability to pass a basic Word Processing test (spelling, grammar, keying wpm).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook Email and WordPerfect
- Administrative, organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to maintain good relations with public and staff
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior supervisory experience preferred At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Security Clearance, Testing, Administrative, Government, Technology