Environmental Analyst Job
Date: Feb 23, 2014
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Title: Environmental Analyst
Category: Information Technology
City: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Job Description: Environmental Analyst
Provide environmental engineering/analytical support on behalf of the U.S Army Aviation and Missile Command - G-4 Environmental Division located at Corpus Christi Army Depot in Corpus Christi Texas. Individual will provide on-site assistance with depot environmental engineering requirements, involving industrial operations and/or large scale maintenance activities. Candidate will apply client approved methodologies and engineering principles to assist client in maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Monitor current and pending environmental regulations and advise client of best mitigation alternatives to ensure environmental compliance.
- Conduct environmental monitoring and process assessments to include, air, water, hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Prepare engineering specifications to reduce environmental wastes.
- Apply LEAN manufacturing principles to optimize resources and provide continuous improvements in environmental stewardship and customer value.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports to document progress.
- Prepare information briefings and presentations to communicate environmental compliance and industrial wastes issues.
- Travel to various locations to participate in on-site visits, and technical conferences when required.
Use of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Access, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Environmental engineers, environmental or chemical experience or experience with TECQ a plus.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university program of study and five (5) years of documented experience. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segments: Engineer, Environmental Engineering, Defense, Military, Information Technology, Engineering, Government, Technology